Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Vegas Detective


I grew up watching detectives.  Those cheesy private eye TV shows in the 70's and 80's.  They were so fun and full of adventure!  Shows like Barnaby Jones, Vega$, Simon and Simon, and Magnum P.I..  They were so much fun and each week I couldn't wait for the next one.  Now a days it seems like all the TV shows are about forensics, and things like that.  I long for the detective shows I grew up with.

And so I think it's about time to write one of my own.  Now I do happen to have a friend who is a real life private investigator.  I've talked to him about writing a few fictional "Vegas P. I" stories and he agrees that it might be a good idea.  So for now my mind needs to get to work on a mystery or two.

Now my P.I. will need to do a bunch of the good old fashioned "leg work" that I saw in the old television shows.  Talk to people, piece things together, and figure out what the bad guys are really up to.  And he'll need motivation.  I'm thinking one of his friends is shot and he sets out to find out who did the shooting and why.  Clues will lead him to the Las Vegas Strip and from there...well, let's just say he'll find a few bad guys doing bad things.  I have a few ideas.

Since November is coming up and so is "Nanowrimo", where you try to write 50,000 words during the month, I think I'll get my detective story all planned out and write it then.  And so it's time to get my mind on detective work and writing.  And get ready to meet Matt Smith: Vegas P.I.!

No comments:

Post a Comment