Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 21, 2011

The End...or not?

     Ok, it's May 21, 2011 and I'm sick.  I'm so sick, I called in sick to work.  I haven't done that in years.  I never call off!  My head is so congested that I can barely breathe!  But that's not the point of this blog.  The point is that some crack pot named Harold Camping decided that the "rapture" was coming today.  He said on May 21, 2011 there would be a huge earthquake and millions of people would die, and millions of people would be taken up to heaven.  It's the second coming, and he scheduled it!  So where is it?  I feel like shit, so if the world is going to end, it needs to end so I don't have to be congested anymore!

     Coincidentally, Harold said the rapture would come back in 1994, too.  It apparently didn't come back then, so he rescheduled it for today.  I wonder what date he'll schedule next?  Harold also runs a "church." Well, if you consider some idiot hosting a website and collecting money for the end of the world a church.  Yes, he's collecting money.  He's been collecting money right up to, and past May 21!  I'm told a few million dollars was spent to put up billboards all over Los Angeles to warn people that the end would start today.  That's much better than using the money to help people, right?

     So here I sit, miserable and congested hoping that Harold is having a really shitty day, too.  I'm sure he'll be wanting more money for the next rapture date he schedules.  How many times do you have to schedule a rapture before people actually stop following your "church" and realize you're full of shit?  I guess some people never learn, do they?  One guy on youtube was talking to one of Harold's "sheep" in a subway and complaining to her that his birthday is May 24and it wasn't fair to have the rapture before his birthday!

     Well, I'm going to go and lay down and try to feel better.  If the rapture starts to actually happen, someone come and wake me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment