Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I have THE PHONE!


Ok yes, I recieved my new phone. It didn't come with any instructions, though. I feel kind of like a caveman poking and proding at it, trying to see what happens when I push some icon on the screen. I've tried to take a picture of myself a couple of times using the camera, but I can't see what the hell I'm doing! I thought abut it, and I could use a mirror to help me take my picture, couldn't I? Don't I look confused? Years ago while I was in the Air Force it took me a minimum of 45 minutes to try and make a phone call back home from Italy. And usually after the 45 minutes some operater would tell me there was no answer at the number I gave her. I never dreamed that someday I'd be carrying around this expensive phone that I can also take pictures with, and surf the internet. Well, sort of. I'm still trying to figure out the surfing part, but sooner or later I'll get it. Maybe. Ok, I can figure out how to surf, but what do I look for online now? It seemed so exciting when I ordered the phone, but now what do I look up? The GPS is nice, but it's also kind of spooky that this phone knows exactly where I am all the time! It has a voice recognition feature, but it won't write any profanity for me. I said the word slowly, and clearly, and then all that comes up on the screen is "#### you." How am I supposed to curse in my instant messages if the voice thingee won't let me swear? For crying out loud, I paid a lot of money for a phone that wants to censor me!
I wanted to also use my new phone to make Youtube videos! That should be fun! But how do I talk, and show myself on the video if I can't see my ###ing face while I'm filming! (You see? I'm so used to the censoring, I'm doing myself now! Damn phone!) I'm sure it will be neat when I figure it out, but for now it's kind of frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment